Tuesday, March 27, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Recovery Run 5K

Kristen and I have been reading about this race in the Lynn Item newspaper. In addition, I felt it would be a good idea to support a local race as it seems that Lynn does not have too many road races. I missed out on the Great Stew Chase 15K last month. I was pleased to see friends Solomon Tsegai, Doug Chick, and Jason Euzikonis at registration. Jay, was representing Brooks and was showing off the 2012 running shoe lineup at a table. Doug and I went out for a 10 minute warm up before lining up for the National Anthem. Mark Mayall from New Balance Boston jumped right out  right out with Nick Sousa and a high school kid. I was all alone watching the three climb up Tower Hill which took some effort. Mark took a commanding lead that he would not give up. I managed to catch the high school kid shortly after the mile where I had a 5:25 mile split. Nick was so far ahead so I tried to keep the legs turning over and keep anyone from catching me over the rest of the course which was pretty flat. I rolled into the finish line in 3rd place, 1st Lynn resident, in 17:17. Mark took the win in 16:17 and Nick ran 16:38 which was his second race of the morning. He won the Olde Salem Greens cross country race earlier edging out Mike Quintal and Dave Dunham! I did a cool down with Solomon and came back to a very long line for the food inside the Hibernian Club. The whole place was buzzing with a good vibe of food, drink, raffles and awards.

St. Patrick's Day Recovery 5K Run results - Lynn, MA March 25, 2012
Race photos by KrissyK
Lynn shows its Irish Pride at Hibernians 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment