Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Mt Wachusett Road Race - King of the Mountain 3 mile

The USATF Mountain Series scored the up portion of the race (3 miles to the summit) so that was my focus. My hamstring has been sore so racing down the mountain was not an option. Heading up one mile hill was a strenuous grind, just steps behind Dave Dunham. We got into the park and he pulled away. I settled in for the rest of the race up the auto road. It was hot, and any shade was sought after but limited. Chris Smith went by after 2 miles and made some ground on the seniors. I was ready to end the race and finally got to the summit in 22:38, 22nd place. I had 9 CMS runners ahead of me which within a race hosted by the Central Mass Striders, was pretty cool. We have two new Seniors that made their debut: Ed Sheldon and Jeff Hunt. I waited at the top for five minuntes, drank a few cups of Gatorade and headed down the mountain with Tim Mahoney and Dave Lapierre. I opted to not go through the finish at the base as the run down was too casual. I headed over to the Wachusett Brewery with Stephen Laska for a plant tour and some samples. Then we headed over to West Boylston for lunch. On the way over there, the fuel pump on the Rabbit decided to fail. Needless to say, I and the Rabbit got towed home.  

The heat got to both the Rabbit and I


No comments:

Post a Comment