Monday, May 23, 2016

Trav’s Trail Run

The rain held off for Trav’s Trail Run (3 mile) cross country / trail race at Maudslay State Park in Newburyport. The course is an up and down affair in a course that sees single track, fire roads, and fields. This is a scenic course and a gem for age group prizes as the goal was to get a coveted ‘Stina' mug. The race went out fast as Nate Jenkins and Greg Putnam (representing CMS) took no prisoners. They would go on to place 1-2 overall. I would go on to place 9th overall. The results missed Chris Kealy who was a few places ahead of me. I ran 17:16 about 30 ticks slower than last year. I felt the effort was good with a little “off throttle” in the middle of the race. Chris Kealy and Paul Larosa went by me before the mile and my legs were fading. Jochen Steinbrecher who was on my heels at the mile, would be held off by yours truly by 11 seconds at the end where I was gassed. I kept my place and position which was established at the mile. With Greg Putnam placing in the top 3 overall, that allowed me to sneak into the 3rd place 40+, master age group to get a mug and New Balance bag.

After 600m into the race
Photo by Joe Armstrong

50m before the finish "mid-air"
Photo by Joe Armstrong

Prizes for 3rd place
Photo by Krissy Kozlosky


               

No comments:

Post a Comment