Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Lazy Dog Classy 3 mile

Stephen Martin is the race director of this one hosted by the Lazy Dog Sports Bar in Wyoma Sqaure in Lynn. The proceeds from the race go to the Lynn Classical Girls Track Team. I have lined up and finished on Broadway Street since 2013. See below. I got in a four mile warm up running over to the race and then ran the course with Nakri Dao and Martin Tighe. At the gun, I jumped right out into the lead. John Page kept pace with me down Euclid Ave. As we approached mile one and a hill, he took the lead and surged up and through the hill dropping me by several strides. I could not close that gap as the course flattened out. We hit some head wind on Broadway and mile 2. John had about a five second lead, took the right onto Magnolia Ave with his dad Mike Page and John Ayers yelling for both of us.

I thought that is how the race was going to finish but I gained a bit on John approaching Euclid Ave. That gave me some energy. It got interesting as I caught John at the corner of Broadway and Euclid Ave (Minos Roast Beef). I put on a surge there all the way to the finish holding John off and taking the win in the Somerville Road Runner yellow. It was unexpected as it looked like John was going to hold his lead after the mile. My time was 17:05 and my 3rd win at the race. John ran 17:13. Results

Krissy was not only at the finish line ready to take the photos, but she was at 2.5 miles and at .5 miles. Photos to come soon.

My Lazy Dog Classy 3 mile fun run history
Year Place Time
2013  1 16:11
2014  1    16:54
2015  7    16:42
2016  2 17:20
2017  1    17:05

I had a nice cool down with Martin, Nakri, John, and Gilley Kabamba (Lynn Classical Senior with a 2 mile PR of 10:29) who finished 3rd. Krissy and I stayed for the awards, raffle, and lunch. I recommend the Lazy Dog Burger. It looks like John and I are going to have a few more races together this year. I just hope that I can keep up with him. He already beat me at the Frosty Four Mile in Salem earlier this month.

800m with John Page on Euclid Ave
Photo by KrissyK

Trailing John with 800m to go on Magnolia Ave
Photo by KrissyK

Upon the finish outside the Lazy Dog on Broadway, just ahead of John
Photo by KrissyK

No comments:

Post a Comment