Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Ribfest 5 mile

Steps before the finish line
Courtesy of Millennium Running
I headed up to the 3rd USATF New England Grand Prix race in Merrimack, NH (Ribfest 5 miler) with Nakri and Krissy. It was cloudy but warm and humid. I met up with new CMS racing team member Ben Fazio and DJ Raboin to get some team gear to them. That was followed by a half mile bus ride from the parking lot to the race. The layout was easy to navigate so getting the race number and shirt was easy. I warmed up with Nakri and Kevin Gorman covering the 1st and last miles. I ran a mid-27 minute race back in 2014, thus familiar with the course.

I got to the starting line and settled in next to teammates about five rows deep. Getting a clean start with a few quick turns in the 1st 300m was the goal. I did hear someone go down right behind me at the first right turn up the hill. My first two miles were decent, around 5:45 pace and I was in CMS master company with Josh Perks and Arthur Besse. Kevin Gorman and Jason Dunklee were about 20 seconds ahead on the lollipop loop. I came out of that loop into 3 miles very flat and that set the tone for my last two miles milking 6 minute pace from there into the finish. I got a net time of 29:54.5, 96th place, and 14th in the 40-49 age group.



Passing mile 4 at the Ribfest 5 mile
Photo by KrissyK
Finish line video, thanks to the Millennium Running crew who put on a 1st class event. Wish I stayed around for the post race festivities.


No comments:

Post a Comment