Monday, March 26, 2018

Hibernian 5K

I ran over to the AOH club and picked up my number from Krissy. She was running with Lisa and Teddy in the Hibernian 5K. I decided to support the local hometown 5K which attracts over 400 runners butjust got lazy with the pre-entry. I got into my racing flats and jumped into the starting line. I got a stare down from Michael Pulli. Maybe I owed him money? I did not make eye contact but maybe it was thePolar Beverages logo.

The gun goes off and I am in 15th place right away. 500m later, I moved up to 3rd behind Michael Pulli and Sean Kay. Up the hill past the fire house, Sean removed and dropped his wind breaker off to the side. He was all business as he trailed by a half stride but I knew he was being held up.

Sure enough, he moved ahead into the lead for good at the mile which I passed in 5:43. He extended that to a "no looking back win" in 17:31. While the wind was in our grill until 2.5 miles, that turned to our back for the last 800m. I finished 3rd, first dude from the City of Good Clean Run (uh, Lynn), with a time of 18:02. Michael Pulli held 2nd (17:54). 



I ran back over to Sean who gave a few words to the Lynn Item reporter. We ran a cool down, most of it over the course again. Back at the post race, I won my entry fee back.

2018 Hibernian 5K Race Results

The prize for 3rd
Photo by KrissyK


2 comments:

  1. Nice job to both of You! Geez Jim that would be race 10,000 the last 25 years and your still running them races in the 5 range per mile! Terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete