Sunday, February 3, 2019

Lazy Dog Classy 3 mile

Shawn and I jumped into the front from the gun. I led down Euclid Ave and Shawn led up the hill at mile 1. We would swap the lead back and forth for mile 2. Our pace was right around 5:50 per mile. I had a stride up Magnolia and back down Euclid for the final left hand turn back onto Broadway. I barely held Shawn off by 2 seconds to cross the line first in 17:47.

I am glad Shawn was there for the company in not only the race but for the warm up and cool down. I want to thank race director Stephen Martin for his dedication to put the race on to support the Lynn Classical Girls Track Team. Shawn and I won Rolly's Gift Cards and a scratch ticket (mine did not hit any jackpot). Shout out to Mike Fitzgerald for the photos race photos and after. Grab a copy of the Lynn Journal this Thursday for a juicy interview with yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment