Sunday, February 21, 2021

Back to the races in 2021


After firing my long term agent and losing my Dr. Scholls & Gold Bond Sponsorships I had turned to Pro Bowling and the PBA Tour. However, after losing a flo-match with Kyle Troup, I got banned from the 2021 tour. 

I had no choice but to return to the thriving running scene in New England. I filled the 2021 race calendar with some events that are proudly being hosted within the Granite State. At this point, it is the only game in town that a runner can bank on. The racing will start with the Canterbury Shaker Village Snowshoe race in March (edit - had to help dad move so never got to the race). The snowshoes will get retired after that for another four years. 

Going forward, I have committed to the Capital Area Race Series (CARS2021) which will consist of 8 races from May to September. There are six 5K's, one 5 mile and one 10K. Two of the 5K's are cross country style which suits me just fine. If the Bay State COVID policies change, I will be seeking off-road races especially cross country in the fall. 

Aside from that, the goal early on this year is to cover five miles for each daily run attempted and if that falters, shoot for 25 miles for the week. I need to cover at a minimum of 25 miles for the Nike footwear test that ends in March. After that I will work in some mid-week tempo runs to get out of the comfort zone. Lastly, I want to put four uncomfortable 400M laps and taste some oxygen debt in April to kick of the 2nd quadrant of the year. The ultimate goal for the year is to break 20 minutes in a 5K (6:26 mile pace).







No comments:

Post a Comment