Monday, May 17, 2021

Canterbury Shaker Village Cross Country 5K

The first 2021 race of the Concord Area Race Series was hosted with the Canterbury Shaker Village XC 5K. This was my first time to this neat little village about 15 minutes north of Concord. After running the course as a warm-up, it was clear the terrain would not disappoint with elevation changes. 




Each runner went off every 10 seconds after lining up per your seed time. I was the 34th runner to go from the start line with an introduction from the announcer. The first mile drops down pretty good with a mix of grass and trail. Mile 1 was just under 7 minute pace. Mile 2 had us climbing up and down on the property. I was pretty flat getting passed by Christin Doneski who did encourage me to hang in the last mile and climb.




My legs had other thoughts. I was wiped out and was just looking to finish up. I passed one runner with about 500m to go to offset one runner passing me around the mile. 




I finished 28th overall with the 22:44 time and 3rd in my age group. In summary, tough course with every second earned the hard way. I was the fourth runner on the 2nd place, Duct Tape and Spit team behind Scott Clark, Dave Dunham and Doug Deangelis. 









No comments:

Post a Comment