Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Bedford Half Marathon


Finishing up at the New Bedford Half Marathon
With my entry into the Boston Marathon next month, I needed to get in a long run/race. After all, I have not raced since January 1 (5 miles in Salem). So I plunked down the fifty spot a few weeks after some healthy weeks of running. The game plan was to see how 6:00 pace felt early on and play out whatever the legs cared for. Once I got over the hills early on, I had the lead vehicle for the women right at my shoulder. I found this distracting so I picked up the pace for my quickest mile split of the day (5:48). The truck and ladies went by after mile seven and found myself heading straight into the wind and losing my pace and the string of runners ahead. I faded in this stretch and by the time I got wind at my back (8.75 miles), I was spent – looking for the finish line without too many embarrassing miles ahead. In the end, I ran my slowest ½ marathon time but am not too worried as it is progress for the big picture which is to survive the Boston Marathon on Patriots Day. Kristen took several photos at 800m, 5 miles, and just after 13 miles.  

New Bedford, MA, March 18, 2012
148  JAMES PAWLICKI   37 Lynn MA  1:20:54 1:20:56  6:11 Central Mass Striders

No comments:

Post a Comment