Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Greenbelt’s Run for the Hills 10K

Muddy and beaten to the finish
Photos by KrissyK
Progress. I managed to keep my shoes on this year. I lost a shoe in the mud last year, finished 5th with a time of 40:09. I managed 38:14 (6:10) on Saturday, good for 2nd place and stayed in front of Dave Long which has been a challenge (he dusted me at Kupenda and the Firecracker Four). This was race number three of the North Shore Trail Series. I trailed a group that included Matt Curran, Chris Smith, and David Long early in the 1st of two loops that start and finish on the Pingree school athletic fields. I passed Matt half way through and got past Chris and David 200 yards before entering the 2nd loop. They were hammering the down hills pretty hard. Me, not so much, kept it under control and would catch up any lost ground on the flat sections. The mud was manageable, however, nearly stopped me in my stride once. The deer flies were not bad at all – rare for this time of the year. I caught second place, John Dudley, shortly after the 2nd loop began. We chatted briefly and made him aware of the potential stalking behind me. I kept the pace and put a few seconds on the gap to the finish line. I never saw the winner, Zack Schwartz, after 2 miles. He killed it despite losing a shoe at some point. It looks like will be joining the ranks of SRR after I talked to him during the cool down. Photos by KrissyK.

I am going to run some mile repeats tonight with the SRR crew, run easy tomorrow, and give the Jim Kane Sugar Bowl 5K a test this week.

Hamilton, MA, July 13, 2013
Place No.  Name                Time    Pace  Div/Tot  Div   City            St
===== ==== =================== ======= ===== ========
1  227 Zack Schwartz      37:13  6:00   1/11   M2029 Medford     MA
2  186 James Pawlicki     38:14  6:10   1/19   M3039 Lynn            MA
3  249 John Dudley          38:42  6:14   2/19   M3039 JamaicaPlain MA
4  163 David Long            38:57  6:17   3/19   M3039 Beverly         MA

Finish line came almost two minutes quicker this year

No comments:

Post a Comment