Monday, September 23, 2013

Lone Gull 10K - USATF New England Championship


Charging through at the Lone Gull 10K
Photo KrissyK


The Lone Gull 10K in Gloucester from Good Harbor Beach is a puddle jump for Krissy and I. Temps were ideal and no humidity under sunny skies. The race was the New England Championship for the 10K distance so all of the teams were in town for the competition. I was aiming for a sub 35 minute race and was on pace for such running behind CMS teammates Kevin Gorman and Tim Mahoney through miles one, two, and three. That 3rd one gave me the drama to set up the 2nd half of the race. I tweaked my right hamstring during the week and was reminded of it on a little climb to mile three. I backed off from my mates heels and ran a race of survival to the finish line. I was OK to run but my mind was all over the place taking inventories of how muscles were feeling and how bad I was going to rig for the last few miles. Stephanie Reilly (1st female and sub 35 for the day) and only four others went by me in the last three miles so that was not too bad. I was proud of hanging in and battling Justin Soucy all the way to the final 100 meters. The CMS men's open and masters teams got a big boost by capturing the team titles outright for the first time this year.

Lone Gull 10K 2013 results
KrissyK photos

Place Name  Ag Div/Tot  Div        City St Team NameNettime Pace  Guntime Pace
67 James Pawlicki 38 20/110 M3039 Lynn MA CENTRAL MASS STRIDERS 35:29 5:43 35:30 5:43 

No comments:

Post a Comment