Monday, March 9, 2015

Great Stew Chase 15K

The Great Stew Chase was delayed until yesterday due to the snow fall and narrow roads from in early February. The legs had a little soreness from the previous days snowshoe event. I told Krissy that I would have to be careful and hang back on my pacing and strategy. I did not take my own advice and had some sub six minute miles early on. I was pulling a group that included Joe OLeary though mile 4. As the course headed up over Rt. 128, I backed off and never got back in the game.

Pulling the group through mile 2
It was disheartening to see that crew take off or at least hold the pace. I settled in for the solo grind up and down Farm Ave and back to the finish. Jason Bui was chasing me in the closing miles to get as near as 8 seconds at the end. I crossed the finish line in 57:20 – good for a 6:10 average and 8th overall. Joe hit the 6:00 minute pace to get the top master position. In all, glad I went and supported the home town event. Here is a link to several photos that Krissy took of the Great Stew Chase competitors.
Solo around 7.5 miles
41st Annual Great Stew Chase
Lynn, MA, March 8, 2015
8  James Pawlicki 2/19 M4044 40 M Lynn MA CENTRAL MASS STRIDERS  57:20  6:10


No comments:

Post a Comment