Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Frosty Four Miler, Salem

Nakri drove Krissy and I over to the Tavern in the Square in Salem for another round of the Frosty Four Mile road race for the first race of the New Year. The race entry fee goes to a good cause (scholarships for graduating high school seniors).  Like last year, I found myself with John Page at mile 1 getting compliments from his mother and sweet heart, Jill. Second place runner, Dave Long was a few yards up on us and did not look to be slowing down as he entered and exited the Salem Willows. 

John pulled away from me, seemingly trying to catch Dave. The previous day’s 3K reminded my legs up and over the Deadhorse Beadh hill that it was going to be tough to catch anyone. All three of us carried our 10 seconds apart gap from each other into the wind over the last few miles to the finish line in that order 2nd, 3rd, & 4th. I ran 23:29 for 4th place and 2nd master runner behind Dave. It was good to see my dad in attendance, cheering the race and I on at the start and finish. Results

TR Ramsdell and I after at the awards

No comments:

Post a Comment