Sunday, January 29, 2017

Great Stew Chase 15K

I ran 57:24.7 today at the Great Stew Chase 15K in Lynn. The pace breaks down to 6:10 per mile. This placed me 12th overall, a second in front of Central Mass teammate, Nick Taormina. He and I ran together for many of the miles today. Both of us have the Boston Marathon on Patriots Day.

With Nick beyond mile 6
Photo by KrissyK
I had a solid pack to run with in the middle miles where the elevation fluctuated. David Corbett, Nick, John Page, Kevin Hill, & Brandan Ring were in a mix on Farm Road hitting the hill up around the parking lot and back down. David Corbett broke all of us and smoked the last four miles. Nick and I chased but it was futile.

The weather was decent for a January day with some wind but it seemed to benefit us some in the closing miles. I was about 8 seconds better than last year. I am happy with the effort, got just about every second out of the legs as possible. It was good to catch up with some faces that I have not seen in a while.

John Page, David Corbett, myself, Brenden Ring, Nick Taormina after 3 miles
Photo by KrissyK
43rd Annual Great Stew Chase 15K, Lynn, MA 2017 results

No comments:

Post a Comment