Tuesday, September 4, 2018

NH10 mile


Krissy and I picked up Nakri on the way up to Auburn NH for the NH10 mile, USATF New England Grand Prix. I ran this 2 years ago in just over an hour. I was aiming for 1:02-1:03 this year. The weather was decent for August, not humid. I rolled through the early miles with Jonas from Wicked who wanted to stick with my plan of low 6 minute pace. Joe Shairs kept company in the early rollers. They dropped me after four miles as climbing was beating me up and I was in a maintenance mode. 

Mile 5 passed in 31:30 or so. There was some decent up and downs in the 2nd half. I ran was flat at mile 8 but not many were passing by other than two Dirigo RC guys. Got to mile 9 and my company and I all had the same idea: run hard down the hill. David Lapierre ripped by me entering the final turns to the finish. I dug down to get back next to him. He helped me wake up as I sprinted by him into the finish. I finished 101st place, with a time of 1:04:24.4 (chip time). My last mile was the fastest of the day with a 6:02. 

400M to go with Dave Lapierre coming in fast
Photo by Denise Underwood


The CMS masters team took the win with Patrick Rich, Kevin Hankens, Arthur Besse, Tim Van Orders, and Dave Dunham as the scoring five.


Mile splits and map


No comments:

Post a Comment