Monday, March 8, 2010

Training continues at Gunstock

Sorry, not running related. 0 miles running traded in on Sunday in favor of Volkswagen appreciation day at Gunstock Mountain. The first 250 VW's to show up got two free lift passes for the day. I headed up with Krissy in the Gti as we followed friends, Patrick and Roberta in his Jetta TDI to Gilford, NH. It was my first time on the snowboard and it showed with a few face plants here and there.


Ironically, Gunstock was the first time that I got onto a pair of snowshoes. Ben Nephew took me up there to hit the trails (we paid for a pass) in December of 2003, the same month that I joined CMS to get right after some snowshoe racing. Months later, I found myself out at Snowshoe Nationals in Lake Tahoe, CA. I do not foresee any attempts to make a career out of snowboarding but glad that I tried it. I will give it another shot but may have to wait another year as I need to focus on some running over the next few weeks. By then, snow related activities will be over up in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment