Thursday, August 6, 2015

Level Renner 10K Brockton

With team prize money in the offering along with solid competition for all age groups, the Central Mass Striders ran in the humid air of a beautiful DW Field on Sunday, July 19. The course is multiple loops on the access road with a beast of a hill referred to as Tower Hill just after the start, 2 miles, and at the end. This course is not for whimps. Race director Kevin Gorman, founder and CEO of Level Renner was all smiles as my car of Krissy and Joe Shairs arrived. Soon I would see CMS mates Dan Vassallo, Dave Dunham, Arthur Besse, Greg Putnam, & Scott Deslongchamps. I started out with a pace (mile 1, 5:41) that could not be held but felt my race position among peers was correct (top 20). Miles 3 and 4 hurt while pace slowed to the six’s which lost me a few places. I came through the line pretty wiped out with a time of 36:30 (5:53/mile average) and 15th place, 5th 40+ runner.  We got the win but it was not easy. Dan took 2nd and Greg won the master category with Joe 2nd. They picked up some well-earned dough.  The raffles that followed created quite a buzz of anticipation for all. I expect the race to only grow in participants and teams in the future.


Into the finish line

Less than half way


Joe, Dan, Greg (Eveline on shoulders), I, Arthur, & Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment