Monday, August 28, 2023

Greenbelt's Vineyard Hill Trail Run - 5K - South Hamilton

This is a fun, low key 5K and 10K trail race at Vineyard Hill in South Hamilton. I did a warm up across the street on the Patton property that had some mix trail and road leading to a farm. I got on the starting line with a comfortable temperature but still humid. One loop, 5K, was what I signed up for. Others opted to run two loops for a 10K. The loop consists of rolling hills on single track and fire roads. There was some soft muddy sections and a little standing water due to previous rain in the area. It made for filthy and soaked shoes by the end of the race. I finished in 5th place (27 finishers) with a time of 25:27 (ran a low 24 last year). I had no sight of the runner ahead after 1 mile and did not get pressure on my heels to the finish. The best part of the race is most was in the shade. I did not cool down or stay for the awards (perhaps left an age group award behind) as I had a full day ahead to get on with. As you can see splits showed an opening mile in 8:32 followed by two low 8 minute miles. 

Greenbelt's Vineyard Hill 5K Trail Run Results



No comments:

Post a Comment