Monday, July 15, 2024

Miles Over the Moon – 4 miles – Salem, MA

Almost three months since my last road race. This Friday night steamer had an earlier start at 7:30PM offering more day light for the safety of the runners and drivers. I got my masters PR here running 5:30’s even for a solid 22 minute effort in 2016. I remember the finish being in the corner of the Salem Common. As for 2024, I had a goal to see if I could squeak under 8:00 but was not to be. The legs felt like junk since running in Lynn Woods earlier in the week. 

Splits of 7:38, 8:23, 8:26 and 8:00 got me to the finish line with an average heart rate of 168! It was nice to see one of my college coaches with Steve Czarnecki outside his Osgood Street home cheering the race. Also, props to the Notch Crew yelling support on Bridge Street. It for sure put a smile on this guy’s face.





No comments:

Post a Comment