Monday, December 29, 2008

Jack Daniels, PhD: Training for Endurance


Saturday, December 27, 2008

Dennis Floyd and I headed off to Trinity College in Hartford, CT for a distance clinic that we signed up for last month. Dennis coaches the Salem State running track and field programs along with cross country. It was my chance to see Jack Daniels, PhD, who has coached several elite runners over the years, SUNY Cortland womens cross country teams, and recently released his second edition of Daniels' Running Formula. I went through his first edition over 10 years ago and is a must have for any runner of any ability. Take a gander at some flotrack interviews with Jack.

Over 75 coaches attended the clinic which basically broke down to two two hour sessions with Jack going through a presentation that was handed out. He used the white board frequently to elaborate on his presentations. Jack currently coaches at the Center for High Altitude Training in Flagstaff, AZ. It was awesome to meet Jack. I brought my new book that Krissy got me for Christmas for Jack to sign but neglected to hang out following the sessions as he was already mobbed by coaches and I wanted to get home as we were in for a 2hr drive back to the North Shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment