Sunday, July 4, 2021

Amesbury Days 5K

After confirmation that the Sullivan Farms, John Carson 2 mile would not be held, I signed up for the Amesbury Days 5K. It was a first time race that got over 550 to sign up for the July 3rd event. After a 3 mile warmup with Dan Verrington and Joe Shairs I put the Notch Brewing singlet on and got in 3 rows behind the start line of the mass start. 




Mile one had some climbing which had me clocking in at 7:02. Some down hill followed into a bike path and got back down to a 6:42 split at 2 miles. The last mile slowed down to a 6:54 which had a little climb exiting the bike path and to the right hand turn for the last tenth of a mile. I placed 59th, 3rd in the 45-49 age group with the 21:21 time. Results




I rounded up Joe Shairs who won his age group with a 17:38. We headed out for another three miles around Amesbury, running past the Pow Wow River and falls that zip down this former Coach Works town.

No comments:

Post a Comment