Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Primary Bank Super Sunday 4 Miler, USATF New England Grand Prix #1

Primary Bank Super Sunday 4 Miler - Bedford, NH

USATF Road Race Grand Prix Race # 1

Overall Place 313th

17th 45-49 age group

27:56.3 official time

Joe Shairs took the wheel, leaving two inches of snow and falling from the North Shore and we arrived at the Bedford New Hampshire High School lot within an hour. We drove past a few spin outs on Rt 93 so we were not sure what to expect for road conditions in Bedford. I was not looking forward to running on snow. We were pleasantly surprised as it was not snowing in Bedford. I ran a few miles for a warm up and got to the start line packing in next to Brett Rickenbach around the 7 minute mile crowd. Temps were in the mid 20’s so I was dressed in tights, thicker long sleeve, hat and gloves. I wore the New Balance Rebel and traction was not an issue as I was on pavement all the way. The town of Bedford did a good job there. 

I was 6:36 at the mile behind Brett and CMS teammate Paul Bazanchuk. I would lose ground to them in mile 2 with a 6:51 split and then really fell back with a 7:02 and 7:17 mile. My right calf was giving me the business the whole race and mailed it in over the last half of the race. Still, I was glad to get into my first race of the year and see so many familiar faces and teams again. This being the first USATF New England Grand Prix race of 2022, the competition was deep. The CMS men would finish as follows as a teams placed well in four age groups.

Open team 4th out of 18 teams

Masters (40+) team 2nd out of 13 teams

Seniors (50+) 1st out of 10 teams

Veterans (60+) 4th out of 8 teams





No comments:

Post a Comment