Monday, November 29, 2021

Run-A-Latke 5K

This 5K in Swampscott offers a bit of coastal scenery and views of Boston. This is just a few miles from the house. Kristen was hired as the photographer so this presented a chance to get a quick timed run in. Run-A-Latke 5K Photos and Start video

My calf was still tight and took the day before off from running. I got off the line and counted over 20 people head after 400m. I ran sort of flat footed to ease the strain on the calf. Mile 1 went by in 7:11. Then the course climbs a bit before getting out to Humphries Street. I passed the last runner at that point. Mile two slowed to 7:21. 




I was trying to not get caught from anyone I passed in the previous mile. I caught up to a youngster in the last 400m but couldn't catch him into the finish which climbed a bit. Last mile was clocked at 7:07. 11th place. Time was 22:20. I lived and did not die. I jogged another mile before shutting it down and calling it a day. 

Chanukah Run-a-Latke 5K results




No comments:

Post a Comment