Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Black Excellence 5K

While running over to this road race out of Wyoma Square, Lynn, I ran the first mile backwards and noted a different course than the usual loop around Flax Pond. 80% of the course was the usual but I like this new one as it meanders more of Flax Pond. Friend, Angel Green, was directing this 3 mile race again for the 4th year? Krissy volunteered to work timing with Bill Mullen. This signed up an hour prior.

About 100 lined up for the start from the parking lot behind the Lazy Dog. Dan Donato was off and running for his 2nd run of the day after a hard 30 minutes. Shawn Conway would trail in 2nd. I eased out in the first mile with a 6:42. The second mile passed in 6:34 and I set sights on the 5th place runner. I caught him in Wyoma Square with a 10th of a mile to go but he would recover and catch me before the finish line. I finished 6th with a time of 20:27 for what my GPS got as 3.07 miles or 6:40 pace. My last mile was about 6:48. I was happy with the effort!


Photos taken by Lisa Kelly and Maureen Tabbut





No comments:

Post a Comment