Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Tortoise and the Hare 3 Mile - Nahant

Happy 4th of July! I usually head to Chelmsford for the John Carson 2 mile but opted to stay local. Nahant's, Tortoise and the Hare 3 mile and 1 mile appear to have last been held in 2019. Some from the Lynn Woods running crew like Sal and Eric planned on going. Sign up was easy, A list per 10 year age groups were used and made age group results and soring easy for the top three following the race. Eric, Sal and I did a 1 mile warm up. 

The light rain/drizzle seemed to lay off. About 50+ got started in front of the Flash Road Firehouse. Mile 1 was flat, coming in at 7:19. Eric was already 25 seconds ahead battling for his senior age group. The second mile brought up "the hill." I gained a few spots on the top side and held the spot until the 2nd place female, in a one-piece tennis outfit came beside me with 800M to go. I managed to hold her off in the end and finished with a time of 21:16 for 2.9 miles. 

If I find the results, I will share here but guess the place was 15th or so, but was 2nd in the age group. Eric, Sal and I went off for cooldown out to the ocean where Sal showed us where he does some barnacle studies on the rocky shore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment