Friday, November 24, 2023

Wild Turkey 5 Mile Run

Nakri signed me up a few days ago at New England Running Company in Beverly. Krissy and I took the RAM to the race and caught every red light on the way. I warmed up around the Salem Common, meeting Nakri to grab my number. The Common filled with over 1500 runners with bright sun cracking down on the yellow leaves on the dew filled grass. The 8AM started promptly. I could tell right away my legs were flat and not interested in carrying low 7’s for long. 

I soaked in the surroundings seeing Krissy and her walking crew several times along the course. There were at least three beer/mamosa stops run by the local neighborhoods. Music was blasting and people were really into it as usual. Just a great atmosphere. I was on a cruise control to the end, not fussing over place or time. 240th place, 39:32, 10th out of 48 in the 45-49 age group. 7:54/mi pace. I found Nakri and ran an easy 1 mile cooldown. Krissy was wrapping up her walk at the Hawthorne Hotel. We watched the race for a few minutes before heading out for another Thanksgiving Holiday!

Wild Turkey 5 Mile Run Race Results November 23, 2023 - Salem, MA





No comments:

Post a Comment