Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Canterbury Woodchuck Classic 5K

Not just another Concord Area Race Series Race in Canterbury, NH here folks. You are signing up for a fast opening mile which sets up for a tough finish. 



What I have been appreciating with these races is that they are are fresh and new to me. I am glad I ran the course as a warm up with Dave Dunham, Doug Deangelis and Darin Brown. A 172ft drop through the first mile took me through a 6:06 - no doubt fastest mile in two years. Mile 2 was not entirely flat but brought the pace back down to earth with a 6:54. The last mile has four hills to get up and over. I was looking forward to the finish as mile three past by in 7:21. I think I lost 3 placings in the last half mile. 20:54 for the 5K (6:44), 3rd AG. More importantly, I was able to finish in front of a few who were ahead of me in the last two series races (10K and 5 mile) which I felt good about. Nice way to finish up the month of July. 

2021 Canterbury Woodchuck Classic Overall Results



No comments:

Post a Comment