Sunday, October 30, 2022

Great Bay 5K

Great Bay 5K results October 29, 2022

This is a fast point to point course. I got to the race late, 30 minutes before the start. Sadly was thinking about bailing as the right achilles has been hurting. Not wanting to lose another entry fee, put the NB flats on, warmed up and got on the line five rows back from the start. Weather was nice maybe around 40 degrees. Jumped into a 6:22 mile, going off far before the Garmin GPS mile which never picked up a single at the start. The 2nd mile was a bit slower but never saw a split. The folks I was tagging along with pulled away a bit. I tried to stay focused on the last mile that rolls a bit. Coming onto the finish line, was shocked to see 19's as I closed in. Crossed the line in 20:02 official time, 47th place. I was pumped as it was the fastest 5K since 2019 for me before the meniscus surgery. I was pretty close to breaking 20 minutes which was my 5K goal last year. 

With Dave and Krissy after the race in front of the Great Bay Discovery Center

Crossing the finish line

Striding into the finish

Photo by GSRS over the line

Next race: New England XC Championships, Masters 8K, Franklin Park

No comments:

Post a Comment