Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Boston Scientific 5K Marlborough

Boston Scientific 5K September 27, 2022 Marlborough, MAResults 

My company put on a 5K on a Tuesday afternoon in Marlborough. It has been three years since the last time the race was hosted (June of 2019) where I ran mid-19’s. I bumped into a former Salem State Cross Country buddy, Tony Brancleone, who works for RaceWire as a Sales Representative. I have not seen Tony since his days at Saucony over seven years ago.  

I got in a mile warm up around the campus. The start was a nice slow descent which put me in around 12th place 400 meters in. It flattened out for the first mile but dropped down into mile 2 along the Assabet River Rail Trail. 

Coming back up the Assabet Rail Trail

I picked up two places in the last 400 meters on the tough climb back to the campus finish. My finish time was 21:16, 11th place, 4th master. I jogged a short distance to grab a dry shirt followed by hanging out for the BBQ and ice cream. This was the perfect way to spend a lunch hour.  

Mile       Pace      Elevation

1              6:29        -40ft

2              6:40        -84ft

3              7:30        116ft

.10          6:26        8ft

No comments:

Post a Comment