Monday, September 13, 2021

Hollis Fast 5K

The Hollis Fast 5K is a point to point race that drops down to the finish gradually. Dave Dunham picked me up and we car pooled into the school near the start. Plenty of time for the 3 mile warm-up and photo opportunity with CEO of NH Delta Dental and competitor, Tom Raffio who has donated a lot to the sport and races. 



Got on the starting line. Someone asked me what I was looking to run. 20 minutes I said with a straight face. That was the 2021 goal. I jumped out actually holding back on the quick drop in the first 100 yards. The early morning sun on this fine Labor Day broke onto the street off and on. Mile 1 passed by in 6:19. The folks around me pressed forward and soon felt I had to ease up. I found mile 2 with a 6:31. Bill Newsham pulled up as I got that 3rd mile in 6:54 and ready to wrap it up. Finished with a chip time of 20:36.7. Short of the goal but had fun trying.

Dave waited for me as I downed 3 cups of water. We headed back to the start line which was now a 3 mile climb. Overall, a good day, over 9 miles combined with the warmup, race and cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment