Wednesday, September 29, 2021

S.E.A. 5K

Last race of CARS, #8 in Concord, NH. This course was flat and fast running the perimeter and a few loops around some state buildings and various parking lots. Basically zero traffic and a few cones. The course had plenty of volunteers at key turns. After the course warmup with my Duct Tape and Spit teammates of Dave Dunham and Doug Deangelis, I stood in the narrow start about 6 rows back in the sub 7 minute mile group, maybe 25 runners.

Mile 1 was quick with a 6:26. I managed to cheer the guys up front on when they exited a parking lot and I entered. Dave and Doug were about 8 seconds apart. I got through mile 2 with a 6:40 and was getting gapplebees from the 2 guys ahead of me. Last mile, 6:54. Overall, watch time was 20:50 for 3.13 miles or 6:39 pace. 

Pictures above are led with a rare sight: Dave on a Pay Phone complete with a phone book, calling back to fast times from the 1980's. 2nd photo is my prize, Maple Syrup which looks bigger than it was, 3rd photo in an old CMS non-official singlet with syrup, 4th is team Duct Tape and Spit: Doug, Dave and I. Photos by Kristen Pawlicki who attended at least half of these races. Bless her patience.


James Pawlicki FINISH TIME: 20:47 OVERALL PLACE: 16 DIVISION 
PLACE: M4549 :  2 TOTAL IN DIVISION


I ran a 3 mile cool down. Then the next 30 minutes were handed over to the race awards and the CARS awards. I picked up a small bottle of maple syrup for the age group placing. As for the series, I placed first in the 40-49 age group for the best of 4 races. The team placed 2nd in the series. Dave was generous to toss me a few pesos of the team prize money. We had a fun group all year with injuries, smiles, hills, trails, roads and miles all within 10 miles of Concord, NH since May. 

No comments:

Post a Comment